A book on what it means to truly be a steward of one’s spiritual gifts by a scholar of vocational stewardship and director of The Center on Faith and Communities.
*** $4.99 ***
[ Buy Now ]
A 2013 Christianity Today Book Award winner
Imagine the scenarios:
a CEO successfully negotiates a corporate merger, avoiding hundreds of layoffs in the process
- an artist completes a mosaic for public display at a bank, showcasing neighborhood heroes
- a contractor creates a work-release program in cooperation with a local prison, growing the business and seeing countless former inmates turn their lives around
- a high-school principal graduates 20 percent more students than the previous year, and the school’s average scores go up by a similar percentage
Now imagine a parade in the streets for each event. That’s the vision of Proverbs 11:10, in which the tsaddiqim―the people who see everything they have as gifts from God to be stewarded for his purposes―pursue their vocation with an eye to the greater good.
Amy Sherman, director of the Center on Faith in Communities and scholar of vocational stewardship, uses the tsaddiqim as a springboard to explore how, through our faith-formed calling, we announce the kingdom of God to our everyday world. But cultural trends toward privatism and materialism threaten to dis-integrate our faith and our work. And the church, in ways large and small, has itself capitulated to those trends, while simultaneously elevating the “special calling” of professional ministry and neglecting the vocational formation of laypeople. In the process, we have, in ways large and small, subverted our kingdom mandate.
God is on the move, and he calls each of us, from our various halls of power and privilege, to follow him. Here is your chance, keeping this kingdom calling in view, to steward your faith and work toward righteousness. In so doing, you will bless the world, and as you flourish, the world will celebrate.
[ Buy Now ]
The Best Kindle Deals Now Running:
- J.R.R. Tolkien – Tales from the Perilous Realm – $2.99!
- The End of Nature by Bill McKibben – $1.99 for Kindle!
- Relevations of Divine Love by Julian of Norwich – 99c!
- Parker Palmer – Let Your Life Speak AUDIOBOOK – $5.95!
- George Macdonald –The Wise Woman, Other Stories – 99c
Limited time offer. Ebook deals may return to full price without notice.
Prices and availability may vary outside the United States.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission.