Don’t let the title fool you! This sympathetic parent aims to debunk anxiety-inducing myths about God’s roles for us in order to reconnect to our true callings…
Leslie Leyland Fields
*** $1.99 ***
[ Buy Now ]
In this provocative book, author Leslie Leyland Fields explores with refreshing honesty the myths that can lead to unrealistic expectations and distract us from God’s purposes for our children and for us.
Why am I not a more joyful parent? Why aren’t my kids turning out as I expected? Why do I always feel as if I’m not doing enough for my children? Is Parenting Supposed to Be This Difficult? As a mother of six, Leslie Leyland Fields knows firsthand the insecurities and questions that come with rearing children. In Parenting Is Your Highest Calling, she tackles nine myths about parenting, including:
• Children make you happy and bring great fulfillment.
• You will always feel love for your child.
• Your success as a parent can be measured by your child’s behavior.
• There is one “right” biblical model for family life.
• Good parenting will result in happy children.
Through a close look at God’s own life as a parent as well as stories from real-life families, Fields highlights the transforming biblical truths that release parents from the grip of mistaken assumptions. Fresh, provocative insights will lead you to a deeper understanding of God and yourself– an understanding that lifts the weight of guilt and fear and frees you to love your children as God intended.
Includes “going deeper” questions for individuals, couples, or groups.
[ Buy Now ]
The Best Kindle Deals Now Running:
- J.R.R. Tolkien – Tales from the Perilous Realm – $2.99!
- The End of Nature by Bill McKibben – $1.99 for Kindle!
- Relevations of Divine Love by Julian of Norwich – 99c!
- Parker Palmer – Let Your Life Speak AUDIOBOOK – $5.95!
- George Macdonald –The Wise Woman, Other Stories – 99c
Limited time offer. Ebook deals may return to full price without notice.
Prices and availability may vary outside the United States.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission.